This was originally compiled by the Reverend James W. Koons in 1997 and updated in 2004 and 2012.
Submitted by Donna Brooke.
With the twenty-six Sisters of Providence in charge of the parochial school and the academy, it was necessary to provide new living quarters for them and Monsignor Delaney determined in 1929 to build a separate convent which included private rooms, a chapel, offices and reception rooms. The Sisters staffed the parochial school and academy for more than seventy years.
Before the convent was razed in 1995, past and present parishioners and students were allowed to tour the convent. Bricks were taken as a keepsake memory for many.